Thursday, September 17, 2009

Library in my pocket

Last year, I bought an iPod touch. I felt like it might be a tad over the top and materialistic, but I did it anyway. I'll be honest, I bought it because it was pretty. I used it to listen to music, but rarely took advantage of the other features on it. But, a few months after buying it, I discovered the world's most amazing app. It's called Classics. And it is full of classic books! I'm kind of a nerd and my favorite books were written at least 100 years ago. Suddenly, when I have my iPod with me, I am never bored. 5 minute wait in a doctor's office? No problem. I have hours of entertainment at my fingertips. And, even though it does cause me to be continuously connected to my iPod, I'm okay with it because I read books that make me smarter. I've even found a new favorite: The Count of Monte Cristo. I might not have ever read it otherwise and I loved it. It took the latest technology to get me to read a book that's been around for over 100 years. Thanks iPod :).

1 comment:

  1. You rock! That is such a good idea. I know my sister uses her ipod to listen to books on tape now that she has a toddler. It's a great habit to get into and a wonderful use of your time and technology.

    ReplyDelete