Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cell Phone

I am seriously addicted to my cell phone. If I ever leave it at home when I go to campus (which is rare) I spend the entire day wondering if I'm missing calls and wanting to text Corey (my husband). Whenever I have a long (long as in 10 minutes or more) car ride alone, I try to think of someone I can call. I have always loved to talk on the phone and having a cell phone has just intensified that. Once in junior high, I talked to my best friend on the phone for 9 hours straight (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.).

When I first heard about texting, I thought it was stupid. Why wouldn't you just call someone? But, then I met my husband who kind of hates the phone but doesn't mind texting. So, I quickly learned to like to text. I mostly only text Corey and a few friends. But, I rarely go a day without texting someone. Pathetic? I don't know. But, it is an easy to way talk to people quickly.

I have quickly become very grateful for my cell phone though. In a week, my husband will be moving 10 hours away to start a new job. Since I need to finish the semester, I won't be joining him until Christmas. We'll probably only see each other once between then. Even though nothing can compare to actually being together, I am very happy about the fact that we will be able to talk and text as much as we want. 10 years ago, that would have been extremely expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment